jeudi 11 septembre 2008

Day X - Capital letters are satisfying on long days.

WE ARE FUCKING SLOW
(It took us until 16h00 to finish the fucking portage)
WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON THE MOISIE
(Finally, cliffs and current)
WE LOST MOSES
(I already miss that little fuzzball)

THERE IS GOAT SHIT EVERYWHERE
(My clothes, the tent, Luke, the dishes…)

MY BACK HURTS
(and all the rest of my body as well, but whatever)
50% OF THE PIZZA BANNOCK WAS OK
(The other half wasn’t cooked properly and it needed onions)
I SCOUTED MY FIRST SET OF RAPIDS OF THE SEASON
(Nobody died)
EMILY IS GETTING BETTER AT PADDLING
(She's actually good when she pays attention to what we tell her)
WE ARE LOW ON COOKING OIL FOR THE PEROGIES
(And probably several other essential items)
I AM TIRED AND IRRITABLE
(Even Flight of the Conchords' hilarious songs get on my nerves today)
WE HAD NICE WEATHER FOR MORE THAN 50% OF THE DAY
(At last)

Aucun commentaire: